|Mr. Coffee-Mate feeling happy!|
He has identified that while he strives for perfection he realizes some days he will fall short, but during these times he learns more about himself and continues will continue to strive for excellence. He will back in the "full swing" of things with a little more rest and continued focus on health promotion activities. He is eager to meet the new Spring NUR 306 cohort with a smile and will be better equipped to supply needed comfort and energy to all the early morning faculty and student risers in March 2016.
Readiness for enhanced coping, as stated by Mr. Coffee-Mate, "I can now define stressors as manageable and will seek social support as needed to manage emotions more strategically; I will use spiritual resources in church and small group as a priority to provide hope and support as needed."
1. Mr. Coffee-Mate will state awareness of possible environmental changes that may contribute to decreased coping at his follow-up visit with Dr. Grund on November 6th, 2015.
2. Mr. Coffee-Mate will use spiritual support for problems associated with coping by joining a small group at the church by November 15, 2015.
3. Mr. Coffee-Mate will seek out social support by meeting his friends once a week for coffee at Starbucks in the morning as they usually gather.
4. Mr. Coffee-Mate will demonstrate the ability to cope by limiting caffeine to before noon each day and drinking milk for a bedtime snack each evening.
5. Mr. Coffee-Mate will begin to recognize sleep deprivation and irritability more readily in himself as needed and seek out support, guidance in his plan of care with Dr. Grund in follow-up visits and phone calls.
6. Mr. Coffee-mate will state that providing coffee for nursing students is manageable; he will utilize his plan of care to limit his stress response.
1. On discharge and in follow visits with Dr. Grund we will empower the client to set realistic goals and engage in problem-solving (Battersby et al, 2010).
2. On discharge and in follow-up visits with Dr. Grund we will ask Mr. Coffee-Mate to express positive thoughts and emotions.
3. On discharge and in follow visits with Dr. Grund we will encourage Mr. Coffee-Mate to visit favorite natural settings (like Mohican as he mentioned) to have access to the sounds of nature (Morrison, 2011).
4. On discharge and in follow-up visits with Dr. Grund we will support the client to use a positive sense of humor and rely on his friends and family for support, love, laughter (Marzaiali, McDonald & Donahue, 2008).
5. Mr. Coffee-Mate will schedule a time to meet with his friends at Starbucks for coffee and to meet up with a small group at the church by Wednesday, November 4th, 2015 (Paranjape & Kaslow, 2010).
6. Mr. Coffee-Mate has been encouraged to journal his feelings as he is an accomplished writer in the "critic world" of coffee. He will journal once a week beginning next week to find time to reflect and manage his emotions (Henry et al, 2011).
Mr. Coffee-Mate wanted me to share one of his favorite quotes of all time as he asks for continued support and prayer
"Coffee is good for talent, but genius wants prayer."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson, transcendentalist and poet