Thursday, September 1, 2011

Student Highlight: Kelly Hudak, South Korea

While I was in South Korea, the week of the Global Student Leadership Conference consisted of three lecture/group discussion days, touring various places in South Korea, and learning how to make Kimbap.  During lecture days we learned and talked about the Korean culture and also how our world is getting smaller every day.

The first official day of the conference was a very welcoming one.  Dr. Kim and all the Korean students were very friendly.  I got to try my first traditional Korean dish called Bibimbap.  It was very good and extremely different from what we eat here.

We did a lot of touring of different places in Korea as well.  My favorite place we went to was Mountain Palgong.  We had to take a cable car to get to the top of the mountain.  Once we were at the top, the view was beautiful!  It was a very HOT day, but when we got to the top of the mountain it was nice and cool.  It was very relaxing and peaceful.

I learned so much about the Korean culture while I was there.  But other than the fact of touring South Korea and learning about culture, I made new friendships.  I never expected to get as close to the students in the program as I did.  The people I met in South Korea made it very difficult to come back home. 

 I fell in love with the country because of the people that live there.  I can't wait for the day when I get a chance to go back and visit again!
Submitted by Kelly Hudak

No comments:

Post a Comment